The IRI works with partners and stakeholders to explore a broad range of issues that have a direct impact on the creation of long-term value for both investors and society. The Initiative engages in applied research to promote the generation of long-term wealth, exploring impact investing and the broader relationship of finance to society across asset classes, issue areas, and investor type.
See the Publications page for links to IRI publications and previous work.
Areas of Concentration
The IRI is currently engaged in research in the following areas:
- Place-based investment and capital absorption
- Investment in sustainable infrastructure
- Impact investing and public policy
- Responsible investment in public pension funds with the Trustee Leadership Forum
Additional IRI research activity includes:
- Tracking corporate social responsibility disclosure requirements globally
- The unique role of foundations in the impact investing ecosystem with the Mission Investors Exchange
- Following impact investing industry trends, from investors to intermediaries and investable opportunities
- Alternative theories of investment across asset classes